jueves, 10 de diciembre de 2009

Sahara


One of the times I traveled to Africa I looked out the window of the plane and I saw the Sahara for the first time. From up there it looked more like a Dali painting than a desert-with dunes that looked like melting hills. I stared at it for a long time, fascinated by the bizarre formations of the sand, wondering how it would be to experience it from the ground. I wished I could visit it one day and,for a split of a second, I SAW myself THERE.


I never thought of that moment again until now,almost four years later. I'm standing in the Sahara, in the middle of its breathless beauty looking up,in the distance, at a plane that just flew by. It looks like a metallic bird,slowly moving away. I
wonder if someone was looking out from one of the windows,like I once did.

Talk about a juxtaposition! Talk about the power of visualization!

MC

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario